A healthy smile begins with a child!
What is Children’s Dentistry?
Treating and monitoring children’s dental health is just as important as doing so for adults and teens. This allows the dentist to be able to detect and resolve the oral conditions of the child at an early age and prevent them from becoming worse in the future.
If the oral condition it is not attended to in its initial stages it could lead to other complications later on.
At Byron Family Dental, we believe that it is essential to get children familiar with the importance of good oral health, hygiene and dental care.
It is also recommended that children follow a balanced diet with plenty of nutritional foods and visit the dentist at least once every six months to maintain good and healthy gums and teeth.
At Byron Family Dental we are dedicated to making sure your children’s oral health is in a great condition as they grow.
Some of our children’s dental treatments include:
- Check-up and clean
- Mouth guards
- Dental Sealants
At what age should children start visiting the dentist?
We suggest that children should begin visiting the dentist as soon as they start developing their first tooth. This could help children get use to visiting the dentist.
It could teach them how to care for their teeth and gums properly from the time they are young. The sooner they start coming to see the dentist, the better it would be for their oral health and for their teeth to last a lifetime.
It would also be easier for the dentist to detect any problems associated with their oral health, especially since the dentist would already know their dental background and conditions.
They can avoid and prevent their teeth from decaying, getting infections, falling off or breaking by maintaining their oral hygiene and following a good dental routine.
How often should children visit the dentist?
Depending the their oral health, it is recommended that children should visit the dentist at least twice a year for a dental check-up and clean unless directed otherwise by the dentist.
Why is it important for children to visit the dentist?
- It allows the growth of the teeth and oral hygiene to be monitored.
- It allows dentist to identify minor and major oral complications at the beginning stages.
- It allows dentist to treat orals problems immediately when they start developing.
- It can have a positive result on the child’s dental health in the long term.
- It can stop oral conditions from becoming worse.
What happens during a child’s first visit dental visit?
- The child’s medical history should be disclosed.
- Questions concerning you child’s oral health may be asked.
- You may speak to the dentist about any oral or dental health issues that you may have noticed while observing your child’s dental health.
- The dentist will then examine your child’s teeth and gums to look out for any signs of tooth decay or other oral problems.
- If there is a problem with your child’s dental health, the dentist will suggest that a cleaning and an x-ray be taken to examine the problem more closely.
If your child has good oral health and there are no complications, the dentist will recommend a good routine for your child to follow while brushing and flossing his/her teeth.
Children’s Dentistry in Byron Bay
At Byron Family Dental we believe in gentle and caring dental services to make sure your child is comfortable during their dental visits. Book an appointment with our friendly and gentle dental team today!